Thursday, December 18, 2008

Please tell it like it is!

Ok, so those of you who know me well know how I feel about stores that sell women's clothing sizes 14 and up. They have these cutesie names that drive me crazy. I'm sure you've seen them but I will refresh your memories, here are a few. Pretty and Plump, Encore, And More, August Woman, Woman's World just to name a few. Personally I would be happy if they would tell it like it is and make my size easier to find by just posting the sign to read large size clothing or something that really tells the true story. It's not like I don't know that I wear a large size or that I can hide that fact from the other shoppers in the store. They know what size I'm searching for.

I have the same issue with the weather reports here in Colorado. I want them to just tell me what the temperature is. No... instead they say things like this...today's temperature is going to be a high of 20 but it will feel like 5 degrees. Or..... today's temperature is 17 degrees with a wind chill factor of -8 degrees. Whats up with that, if it feels like 5 degrees just say is it 5 degrees. And if the wind chill makes it -8 degrees just tell me it is -8 degrees.

Ok, that's it for today, just trying to figure out how cold it is really going to be.

7 comments:

banananutmeg said...

so funny. Do you need me to buy you that size 7X jacket we found in Green Bay at "Ladies Plus"? I'll throw in some deep fried cheese sticks with the cheese dipping sauce from Max and Erma's.

hfl said...

Well, I'm not quite ready for the Ladies Plus size 7x. Maybe after a few more "wind chill factor -17 days inside eating hearty to stay warm days" I will need it.
But if you could send Max and Erma's to Steamboat Springs that would be great.
love mom

Stefani said...

This is a very good description. And written well. You crack me up. I like things straight forward too. Reading between the lines is not one of my strong points.

Just for the record it is 53 degrees here right now. I feel like that is cold, but not compared to the wind chill factor of -8 :)

Mamarazzi said...

VERY funny mom.

we went caroling last night and my cheeks and lips are SOOOO chapped today. i can only imagine how your skin is handling that weather. poor you.

we pomised J that tomorrow we would drive until we found snow, since it is the beginning of her Christmas Break. i am already dreading being wet and cold, but she is going to love it!

finally have both trees decorated,,,yay me! and the house is all Christmasy.

i miss you guys a lot...YOU and Daddy ARE Christmas.

Mamarazzi said...

and Meg...7X ? REALLY?! please promise if you EVER see a 7X in my closet that you drop me off at the nearest fat camp. skeeeery!

Tiffiny said...

Amen! "Keeping it real" is always the best policy. Or is it "honesty"? I forget.

Lydia said...

Eric's mom says the same thing about clothing stores...she calls "Pretty and Plump" "Fat and Ugly" - you crack me up Lynn!

Believe it or not, it's been in the single digits for days, but Christmas will be 55 and RAINY!!! Yuck!