Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome to 2009!! Happy New Year

Sunday morning January 4th.
1. 6:00 roll out of bed (not hard on our air matress).
2. Get ready for PEC mtg. Update the progress report for the last week and make copies.
3. Prepare the car:
a. Slip on knee high rubber boots, tuck in suit pants.
b. Put on heavy over coat and hat.
c. Open door and step out side. WOW! What is the fog? Oh it is my warm body stepping into
the -17 degree outside air.
d. Down to the car sweep off 8+ inches of snow.
e. Scrap off ice that is under the snow on the windshield. What is this that is not coming off?
Oh it is on the inside of the windows.
f. Better start the car and warm it up (rrrrhrrrrhrrrrh) finally kicks in and starts running.
I don't blame it really I don't feel much like running in this weather either. 5 minutes,
10 minutes, 15 minutes inside windshield still frozen but I can see. So off I go, still
with fog on every breath.
4. Three minutes later I'm at the Church, and the second person to arrive. That is the way it is
going to be today, everyone and every meeting is going to be late. Still it is a
great day and the members are warm and friendly.
5. We came home and cooked a turkey, ate dinner and off we go again.
6. I gave a follow up lesson to a new member. WOW!
7. Make a couple more stops, no one home.
8. Came back home. Read a couple charpters in Book of Mormon with Lynn. Yes a great Day.

Today is Monday and it is much warmer. It is a whopping -10 degrees outside. It is going to be another great day here in Steamboat Springs.

6 comments:

Scott said...

I really liked this post. Thanks dad-o.

banananutmeg said...

You should do one of these every few weeks.

I know your pain as far as weather goes. I remember doing that every day in GB...and being thrilled when temps finally got above`zero. You will be amazed when spring comes and all the people come out of the woodwork.

Mamarazzi said...

good post!

love the new look...faAAAncy!!

Garlic Boy said...

Thanks for making me glad I went to Mexico on my mission. We went to Hollister for Christmas and it was green and warm. On a serious note, we were so glad to hear you were coming to Colorado!

Kasey said...

Hi Lynn - Don't worry; I'm not giving up blogging. My attention to it has just been divided. I'm glad to know someone other than my mom is entertained by it. ;)

Stay bundled up!

banananutmeg said...

Ok guys, it's been a week. Time for an update. At the end of your mission you can print off your blog and have it bound in a book as a keepsake.

Hey that's pretty big of me to say...considering I helped you purge like 90% of your "keepsakes" and "treasures" last time I was there.

I'm pretty sure at least 5% ended up in my house.